Brandon and I were thrilled to begin this process with you today. Thank you so much for the feedback that you provided to us in your exit slips. We look forward to incorporating your suggestions and continuing with what went well.
By way of review, here’s what we did today.
- David Krenz welcomed the group and helped to once again ground our day with the mission statement of the committee.
- Jill and Brandon (the new group facilitators) read the story of the Blind Men and the Elephant (http://www.jainworld.com/literature/story25.htm) and then discussed how this working group will be similar to this folktale – each of us bring a different perspective on an “elephant.”
- Jill and Brandon introduced the focuses for the working group – Instructional Day and Balanced Calendar.
- Participants formed Study Circles based on their interests and the research articles they wanted to read.
- Jill and Brandon closed the meeting by assigning the homework for next time (Oct. 6): To read your group’s article(s) and fill out Form A (attached), a graphic organizer.
We also wanted to let you know that (in response to your exit slips), we have created a Google Folder!! The link below will bring you to our shared folder. As a committee member, you will be able to VIEW the items we’ve put in, but not edit anything. If the link is not working for you, please let Brandon know. He is the Google Guru! At our next session, we’ll show you how to navigate the Google Folder.
Finally, although these items can be found in the Google Folder, we are attaching the following:
- A PDF version of today’s PowerPoint
- An electronic copy of Form A (the graphic organizer you’ll fill out for next time – Oct. 6)
If you have any questions, contact Jill Rollie (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Brandon Button (email@example.com)
-Jill and Brandon